Become a Member of Friends of Sam Smith Park!
We are contacting you because we know you have a connection to Colonel Samuel Smith Park. Maybe you walk there or go birding there or you are a photographer and enjoy taking photos there. Perhaps you have participated in some FOSS activities there, such as our annual "Spring Bird Festival".
We are "Friends of Sam Smith Park" (FOSS). We organize and participate in many activities at the park each year--for example:
- Photo-art exhibits at the Assembly Hall
- Pumpkin Parade for Halloween
- Craft Centre at the Winter Holiday Market with Humber College
- Winter Bird Feeder Program at the skating trail
- Building and maintaining grebe nesting platforms in the Yacht Club basin
- Maintaining and replacing the Tree Swallow boxes in the Swallow Field
- Spring Bird Festival at the end of May
We also support the City of Toronto Parks and Forestry Department and the TRCA in numerous planting and stewardship activities at the park.
Many of these activities involve expenses. We also host a website, have a Zoom account, and have printing expenses related to our pamphlets, cards, posters and banner.
FOSS relies on membership fees for many of its activities. We would like to invite you to help, by considering becoming a member of FOSS. Our fees are $10 individual and $15 per family, and our membership year runs from May 1 till April 30. FOSS needs your help now to continue to carry on many of our activities.
If you value Colonel Samuel Smith Park, and the support that community groups such as FOSS provide to the park, then please send in your membership fee now.
Click on the button below and thank you for your support!
DONATIONS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!