WISH TO MAKE A DONATION OR BECOME A MEMBER?
HEAD OVER TO THE MEMBERSHIP PAGE FOR DETAILS
BIRD FESTIVAL VOLUNTEERS NEEDED AT THE
FRIENDS OF SAM SMITH PARK BOOTH
The Annual Spring Bird Festival that takes place at Sam Smith Park will be on Saturday, May 27th 2023 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Friends of Sam Smith Park is looking for volunteers to help us out at our booth on that day.
In past years, our booth has been a place where kids and parents can make bird-themed projects and learn about birds and the park while they work on them. We would like to continue that tradition this year.
But, to do that, we need help. Would you be willing to work at one of the stations for an hour or two?
The activities that we hope to do at the various stations are …..
· Constructing small bird baths (using a drill/driver)
· Making bird headdresses featuring common park birds (cutting out, stapling etc.)
· Embellishing already made seed feeders with painted bird cutouts (painting, gluing with a portable mini glue gun)
· Embellishing already made Oriole jelly and orange feeders with orange paint and orange tape (painting, cutting)
· Making Cardinal mobiles (cutting out, gluing)
· Running a bird image and bird call quiz (operating a laptop computer and small Bluetooth loudspeaker connected to smartphone)
In previous years, we have had a lot of fun working with the kids and their families. If you feel that you would like to do that this year with us, please reply to this email and let us know how long you could commit to and if there is any activity you prefer. I have broken up the four-hour festival in to hour-long time slots, so please let me know preferred times too (10-11,11-12,12-1,1-2). Email me at email@example.com.
Friends of Sam Smith Park