WISH TO MAKE A DONATION OR BECOME A MEMBER?
HEAD OVER TO THE MEMBERSHIP PAGE FOR DETAILS
We are contacting you because we know you have a connection to Colonel Samuel Smith Park. Maybe you walk there or go birding there or you are a photographer and enjoy taking photos there. Perhaps you have participated in some FOSS activities there, such as our annual Spring Bird Festival.
We are Friends of Sam Smith Park (FOSS). We organize and participate in many activities at the park each year, such as:
- Photo-Art Exhibits at the Assembly Hall
- Pumpkin Parade for Halloween
- Craft Centre at the Winter Holiday Market at Humber College
- our Winter Bird Feeder Program at the Skating Trail, which is on right now
- building and maintaining Grebe Platforms in the Yacht Club basin
- maintaining and replacing the Tree Swallow Boxes in the Swallow Field
- our Spring Bird Festival on May 25 this year
- new last year- Turtle Nest Protection Project
We also support the City of Toronto Parks and Forestry Department and the TRCA in numerous planting and stewardship activities at the park. Many of these activities involve expenses. We also host a website, have a Zoom account as well as printing expenses related to our pamphlets, cards, posters and banners.
FOSS relies on membership fees for many of its activities. We would like to invite you to
help, by considering becoming a member of FOSS. Our fees are $10 individual and $15
per family, and our membership year runs from Jan.1 till Dec. 31. FOSS needs your help now to continue to carry on many of our activities.
If you value Colonel Samuel Smith Park, and the support that a community group such as FOSS provides to the park, then please send in a membership fee now. To join or to renew your membership, go to our website at www.friendsofsamsmithpark.ca and click on “Membership”.
Thank you for your support!