Friday, May 25, 2018
CALL FOR ENTRIES: OCTOBER 2018 "NATURE'S SANCTUARY" - FOSS PHOTO EXHIBIT/COMPETITION AT THE ASSEMBLY HALL
“Nature's Sanctuary” - A Photography Exhibition/Competition featuring Sam Smith Park.
Sam Smith Park is the jewel of the Lakeshore - a tranquil, waterfront sanctuary of wetlands, woods, shore and meadow. It supports a magnificent web of life with a diversity of environments that provide food, habitat and protection for the many species of plants and the birds and animals that pass through or call it home.
The Photo Exhibition will showcase the diversity of wildlife and the beauty of the natural landscape in the park. Friends of Sam Smith Park is interested in creating public awareness of the role that Sam Smith Park plays in supporting biodiversity and providing natural spaces for public enjoyment.
Anyone who has experienced the beauty of Sam Smith Park is invited to enter. Each entrant can submit 5 photos taken in the park. The photos must respect privacy restrictions – no discernible photos of people or boats will be accepted.
Fees for entry:
FOSS members – 5 photos for $20,
Non-members – 5 photos for $25 (FOSS membership included with fee)
● All entries must have the name of the photographer, the title of the photo, the address and phone number of the photographer and the applicant’s email address.
● All entries must be submitted by August 31, 2018
● Entries can be submitted online to firstname.lastname@example.org in jpeg format - max size 1024 pixels. Applications can be dropped off with entry fees at 64 Fourth Street with cash or check payable to Friends of Sam Smith Park.
CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE APPLICATION FORM.
● Successful photos that meet entry requirements need to be in a black frame, with white matting. All works must have rings or screw eyes on both sides at the back, placed not more than 6” down from the top and connecting wire.
● Minimum size 8X10
● Successful entries will be notified by email or phone call soon after the judging.
● Call 416 251 5930 for more information.
The Assembly Hall provides insurance against vandalism or theft but not accidental breakage of glass or fragile article damage. Insurance expires on the pick-up date and time. A value must be given even if the work is not for sale.
All the photographs are protected under Canadian and international copyright law and may not be downloaded, reproduced, distributed or otherwise used except for personal, non-commercial purposes, without the express written consent of the photographer.