Friend of Sam Smith Park member Kathy Sims comments on coyotes in urban parks in this morning’s Toronto Sun. The article included the following advice from wildlife experts ......
- Never feed a coyote.
- Consider leashing your dog in areas frequented by coyotes.
- Don't encourage interaction with a coyote.
- Don't leave garbage, pet food, fallen fruit or bird seed where accessible.
- Consider making your cat an inside pet and keep an eye on small dogs.
- Spaying and neutering protects dogs from coyote interaction.
- Don't run from a coyote if approached; stand still and make noise, such as clapping hands
Follow this link to read the full-page article